Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weight Watchers at Work

We are looking for new members to join our At Work meetings in the New Year! Check out this "shot in the arm", one of the little helpful, encouraging things that the Weight Watchers corp. provides its memebers.

ARE YOU READY FOR A ‘SHOT IN THE ARM’ ?


Thought for the Week -"Procrastination is like a credit card: it's a lot of fun until you get the bill." -- Christopher Parker

No matter how hard I try to ignore the holiday hustle and bustle surrounding me, it continues.

What happened to the woman who loved every part of the holidays? Who is responsible for substituting a Scrooge for this person who enjoyed writing little notes in the holiday cards?

Can it all be blamed on a crazy schedule with not a minute to think about sitting on Santa’s lap? Or am I experiencing that in-between time when our children have become adults and the grandkids are still too young to notice if there are holiday decorations in Grandma’s house? (That thought alone makes me want to take this year off!)

Down in Maryland this weekend, I met some people who were sweet enough to tell me they enjoyed reading my weekly Shots. Cringing, I replied, “This week’s Shot is still in my head!” Which really was a lie. Guilt over not finding the time to write the Shot was flying around in my head, leaving room for nothing else.

The hours had turned into days and now it’s almost time for next week’s Shot. Realizing now that the time I’ve spent worrying about writing it, would’ve been more productive if I had just sat myself down at the keyboard.

But filled with indecisiveness, whether to address the holiday time or the end of a year’s goal, or the snow that’s now covering the ground once again, I felt more like a kid in a candy store trying to settle on which sweet would be mine.

Finally convincing myself that this week’s doesn’t have to be the best Shot, it just has to be a done Shot, my fingers started tapping away. (Please nod your head in agreement if you have ever found yourself in a similar predicament – so busy you didn’t have time to focus, waiting for the exact right time to tackle a project and the perfect amount of inspiration to make it a smash hit. Only to find yourself a week or two later still saying, “When I have the time.”)

I envy people who have their To-do List and make a check as each task is completed. Do they just have drawers full of motivation they’re able to reach into for that added “oomph” when needed? Or is it that they don’t take on as much as some others on a continual basis? (My husband would love to be married to this person!)

Hark! (A little holiday jargon) I am ready to shrug off this veil of inertia – it wasn’t very flattering anyway. It’s time to stop feeling sorry for myself, which in effect has caused my mind to remain in idle even though my body has been going about its business. Once I complete this Shot, feelings of relief will wash over me and will then be followed by a personal scolding as to what took me so long to do this.

So what does this prove?That I’m human? That I need to take a break this upcoming week? (Break would be defined as doing the holiday shopping, card writing, present wrapping, etc. It’s a good thing I don’t really cook anymore!) That I can use this time to recharge my own inspiration and motivation.

Now that the decision has been made to make this a “Bridge” Shot, the least I can do is give you a bonus quote to carry you through the week –

“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas
Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”--H. Jackson Brown

Let’s all look to these great people for inspiration – they probably also sometime felt overwhelmed, drained and exhausted. They just didn’t let it keep them from moving on. Be well,Sharon(weight watchers rep)

Weight Watchers at Work will be at the Wellness Works Kick-Off this spring, represented by Chelsea St. Louis and other members. Stop by our table for more ingformations and to ask questions!
Weight Watchers really Works, and has touched the lives of many Staff and some faculty here at JSC, we want it to touch your life too!
Best wishes to all JSC community members, and Happy Holidays!
~be-well-blogger~

No comments:

Post a Comment